Sunday, June 13, 2010

Through Mommy's Eyes: Letter #2

Dear Caden,

Where has the time gone baby boy?! You are going to be "2" in less than two months! However, you have been acting "2" since around 18-months-old.  You are becoming extremely independent and the world is good as long as things are going your way.  Yesterday, I took you to the library for the first time and you LOVED it.  The librarian asked if you were almost "3".  When I told him you were almost "2," he was impressed with your vocabulary.  He was also impressed that he could understand almost everything you said.  There is NOTHING you can't say baby boy; you copy EVERYTHING we say (good or bad).

Not only can you say anything, you are learning so many new things.  You know all of your colors and recognize many letters and numbers.  We are still working on the "Alphabet Song," but you know chunks of it.  You love to sing and dance and are also learning many other songs.  It is so cute to hear you sing; you have such a sweet little voice.  As far as numbers go, you consistently count to "3," but sometimes you count to "8"--you will be able to count to ten in no time. . .you are so determined.

You are extremely interested in using the potty.  We might try potty training you this summer.  You want to use the potty so badly, but I'm not sure your body is ready yet.  You want nothing to do with the little frog potty that I bought you.  We had to buy a potty ring so you could sit on the big potty; you are so independent--you always know what you want! At this point, I think potty training you is going to be easier than taking away your "fafa (pacifier)." You take not only one fafa to bed, but two. . .you've been asking for "another one," but it's hard enough to find two, so we've drawn the line at two.  In fact, at bedtime, you have to have "2" of everything:  two fafas, two "kikis (blankets)," two books, two kisses, etc. Like I said before, you know what you want and aren't afraid to demand ask for it.

Well, baby boy, I could talk about you forever, but I need to get some work done around the house while you're sleeping (you keep us a LITTLE busy while you're awake).  Last Friday was my last day of work for the school year and I'm so excited to spend the summer with you--I miss you so much during the school year! Daddy and I love you VERY much and can't wait to celebrate your 2nd birthday with you!

Love always,

Mommy

P.S. You have such a sense of humor.  The other day, I caught you putting "horns" on your head with sidewalk chalk and cracking up at yourself while looking at your reflection in the window--I hope you will always be able to laugh at yourself! 










No comments:

Post a Comment