Friday, April 6, 2012

Photo Friday: "Sashi"

This has been a tough week for our family.  Our family dog, Sasha (nicknamed "Sashi" by Caden), became very ill and had to be put down.  It happened so quickly and took us all by surprise.  Caden is having a difficult time processing Sasha's death:

Monday

Mom:  "Caden, Sashi is very sick.  She has to go to the doctor and I don't know if she's going to get better."
Caden:  "That's okay.  We can get a new dog."

Tuesday

Nana:  "Sasha went to be with Jesus."
Caden:  "Nan, Jesus is in the Bible!"

Wednesday

Caden:  "Mom, Sashi died."
Mom:  "I know.  I am so sorry."
Caden:  "She's in the Bible now."
Mom:  "I think Sashi's in heaven."
Caden:  "I don't want to go to heaven.  I don't want Mommy to go to heaven. I don't want Daddy to go to heaven."

Thursday

Caden:  "Mom, I miss Sashi."
Mom:  "I know Caden.  I do too."
Caden:  "Maybe we can get a new dog."
Mom:  "I don't think we're going to get a new dog."
Caden: "Just think about it.  Please! Just think about it!"

Sashi was a good dog and we miss her very much.  This is my favorite photo of her.

"Sashi"

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for your family's loss. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about Sashi. It's very difficult to lose a pet.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete