(Previously, I wanted to start a Blog existing of letters to my son. Instead of creating a new Blog, I am going to post his letters on our family Blog. This way, I will not have to keep track of two Blogs. I initially started writing Caden letters on his MySpace page when he was just a newborn. Yes, he has his own MySpace page--Daddy made it for him the day he was born!)
Today, you turn 20-months-old. You are growing up so quickly. The following is a list of 20 things I want to remember about you at this age:
1) You call Daddy "Honey." You use different tones depending upon whether you are calling him or just talking to him. It is so cute!
2) If I don't have socks on, you love to tickle my feet. You think you are so funny when you make me squeal.
3) You have quite the vocabulary for a one-year-old. I stopped counting the number of words you could say at 12-months-old because your vocabulary has taken off and I can not keep track (at 12-months-old you could already say nearly 80 words).
4) You are beginning to speak in sentences. At least once a day you surprise us with a new sentence.
5) You love letters. You can say all of the letters of the alphabet. Anytime you see letters, you try to recognize them. You are trying very hard to learn "The Alphabet Song."
6) You are also learning to count. You can count to five, but not consistently. You love to hear us count and are trying very hard to learn.
7) You LOVE to color. You ask us all of the time to "color." Last night you asked me for your "color book." You love to color so much that we have to keep a good eye on you when you are around "colors" because you are a little graffiti artist. You ask us to draw "hearts," "stars," "smiles," and "letters" for you; you will be able to draw all of those things on your own soon.
8) You love to read. You bring us books and say "read me." You trace your fingers over the sentences as we read or as you pretend to read.
9) You are starting to learn hand motions to songs. You love the hand motions to "The Wheels on the Bus."
10) You love Barney, Elmo (Melmo), and Pooh. You ask to watch them constantly : (.
11) Spring has arrived and you LOVE to go outside. You sometimes scream when you have to come inside to eat dinner (you can be a little stubborn sometimes).
12) You love to boss "Sashi" around. You tell her "no dog," "go dog," "down dog," etc. You two have a love-hate relationship. Most of your "disagreements" revolve around food.
13) You LOVE your people. You have so many family members who love you and you love them all. Every day you talk about "your list of people."
14) You love balls--you are all boy!
15) You love baths.
16) You love to play games-chase, peek-a-boo, etc.
17) You love to go to church. You love to "play" with the "kids." I hope you continue to like going to church and form your own relationship with our Creator.
18) You LOVE to dance. You are always learning new dance moves while Mommy is at work. Your favorite song to dance to is "Down" by Jay Sean. You heard it on the radio when you were barely one-years-old and you have asked us to play it for you almost every day since!
19) You have such a great sense of humor; I hope you never lose it. You are always making us laugh and we are always making you laugh.
20) You are smart, independent, and loving; I hope you always possess these attributes.
We are enjoying watching you grow baby boy. I can not believe you are almost "2"! God has truly blessed us with you.
P.S. You also love your "fafa" (pacifier). Enjoy it because this summer it is going "bye bye". . .